ILLEGAL WILDLIFE TRADE CONFERENCE
THE FUNDING OF INTERNATIONAL TERRORISM
The Hague – Netherlands
21 november 2019
1-day Conference in the 4* star Park Hotel in The Hague, The Netherlands.
The Illegal Wildlife Trade Conference is a non-profit conference. Conference tickets revenue will cover production & logistic costs. Any profit will be donated to open-source projects chosen by our speakers. IWT Conference is designed and developed by volunteers who are professionals, education leaders and other experts willing to share knowledge and expertise.
During this one day Conference with a range of renowned speakers, the focus will be on intelligence-led operations, the tracking of wildlife contraband and the funding of global terrorist networks and transnational criminal organizations.
Although it’s almost impossible to obtain reliable and comprehensive (annual) figures for the value of criminal wildlife trade it estimated, by experts, that the poaching for ivory, skins and bones annually runs into hundreds of millions of dollars.
Numerous species are currently overexploited and, therefore, illegal wildlife trade should be considered as a considerable (and direct) threat to the survival of many of these threatened species.
Additionally, the nexus between wildlife trafficking and terrorism (and militancy) will be outlined throughout the conference.
- Dr. Nicholas Ridley, PhD (UK/Liverpool John Moore University and former London Metropolitan Police and EUROPOL analyst) will be one of the speakers who will elaborate on wildlife trafficking and the ‘funding of regional and international terrorism’. Read more >>
- Dr. Juul Gooren, PhD, LLM, MsC (The Hague University of Applied Sciences and visiting scholar of the Metropolitan State University of Denver) will lecture on ‘Green Criminology’. Read more >>
- Ir. Fred Kruidbos is an experienced ecological consultant in both private and military sector. He will lecture on natural resource degradation as a driver of conflict, with a special focus on ecological effects of illegal poaching. Read more >>
- Michel Grobbe, MSc (Scientific Advisor Scent Imprint Conservation Dogs) will lecture on conservation odorology (‘the science of smells’) and the use of visual tracking techniques for conservation and anti-poaching operations; Additionally Michel will include a brief live ‘demonstration’ of the aforementioned ‘tracking techniques’. Read more >>
- Conraad de Rosner, Director K9 Conservation based in South Africa, will lecture on counteracting wildlife contraband crime and terrorism related activities. Read more >>
COSTS AND REGISTRATION
The costs of the one day (8 hours) conference are €99 euro (ex VAT). After registration, you will receive and invoice by Scent Imprint Conservationdogs. Payment of the invoice within fourteen 14 working days will be regarded as the official confirmation of your 2019 conference seat(s). During the conference, coffee/tea and a warm catered lunch will be included.
For Registration’ please make use of the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the registration form below (please provide us with your name, organization and address for the billing process). On this platform we will keep you informed with regards to the scheduled keynote speakers, current registrations and possible practical “updates” if applicable. Please be aware that we have LIMITED SEATS available for this event!
Registration € 99 excl V.A.T.
Please feel free to contact the conference organizer (email@example.com) for individual needs, questions, price setting and or other (sponsorship) suggestions.
We’ve received registrations from the Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Romania, Serbia and the United Kingdom since the opening of the registration window March 4, 2019.
Partners & Sponsors
Our aim is to provide the nature conservation world with detection dogs trained to protect our biodiversity and assist in research and monitoring’s projects. Our services include education, training, consultation and providing conservation detection dogs to government agencies, academic institutions, ecological consultancies, nature conservation organizations and private industries.
Our teams of ex-military specialists and K9’s can be deployed quickly for K9 detection work, worldwide. We deliver outstanding performing K9’s and provide training to local security forces.